Joy and Sorrow in the Body of Christ
“And so there is no division in the body, but all its different parts have the same concern for one another. If one part of the body suffers, all the other parts suffer with it; if one part is praised; all the other parts share its happiness. All of you are Christ’s body, and each one is a part of it.”
1 Corinthians 12: 25–27
- Welcoming a new baby to your household?
- Experiencing a significant health event or challenging life event?
- Learning to live with the loss of a family member or friend?
Health and Caring Ministries at Our Savior’s is committed to walking with you through life’s joys and sorrows.
Please contact the church office if we can assist you.
What is Health and Caring Ministry?
With input from our members, Parish Nurse Becky Hulden shapes this ministry based on member needs, mission, and commission to “preach the Kingdom of God and to heal the sick” (Luke 9:2).
You may see this ministry carried out in the following ways:
- Health and wellness educational materials, speakers, and trainers brought in to educate
- Support given to individuals and families who are experiencing loss and grief, life transitions, health issues, and isolation
- Presence and prayer offered during times of crisis as well as celebration
- Referrals to support services relating to family issues, life span changes, caregivers, health issues etc.
- Promotion of healthy living (the relationship between values, attitudes, lifestyles, faith and well-being) through one on one conversations, small groups, screenings, and community events
Knowing that a ministry of healing is integral to the life and mission of the church, we will promote health, healing and well-being through compassionate support services, education and resource information. Examples of our support services include meals, personal visits and communications, rides to church, and prayers.
A thriving congregation where people care for and support each other with compassion; and that is dedicated to maintaining and improving physical, mental and spiritual well-being.
As we carry out our mission and strive to reach out vision, we will hold the core value of compassion and the supporting values of grace, inspiration, empathy and resourcefulness.
Health and Caring Ministry Advisory Group
If you are interested in serving on our advisory group, please contact Becky Hulden.