Welcome to Our Savior’s!
Announcements for Sunday, November 18, 2018
REMINDER: Please turn in your pledge card if you have not done so. Extra pledge cards are available on the Welcome Desk or on the back shelf of the sanctuary.
Flowers today are given by Mary Anderson in memory of loved ones.
Adult Forum — Speaker: Dave Shaw – Part 2 – “Theology Lite … A Brief Study on The Big Picture” The “what and why” of our Christian beliefs … a two-session briefing on our doctrine of theology.
The women’s Advent Tea sign up begins TODAY in the Gathering Area. These Advent Teas are a great way to not only prepare ourselves for the season but a great way to gather in small groups for fellowship. Teas are held at different times and places so take a look and find one that works for you. And bring a friend!
4th Annual Christmas Cookie Tray Sale
• Bakers Needed: The Women’s Team is looking for 28-34 volunteer bakers for this year’s cookie trays. Each baker will be asked to bake 10-20 dozen cookies or candy. Please sign-up on Sundays starting Nov. 11 through the 18th. We will have a list of the kinds of cookies/candy we are looking for and we will give you a recipe to use. The cookies will need to be brought to the church by 10 am on Dec. 7th.
• Trays for Sale: We are also taking orders for the cookie trays at this time. A tray of 10 dozen cookies (6 each of 20 kinds) will sell for $45. A tray of 6 dozen cookies (6 each of 12 kinds) will sell for $25. There will be only 20 trays of each size for sale, so get your order in soon as they go fast! Cookies can be picked up between 3-5 pm on Dec. 7 or 8-noon on Sunday, Dec. 9. Proceeds from this sale go toward scholarships for women’s conferences and retreats. Please contact Susan Fredricksen with any questions 651-430-1111. Thank you for your support!
Gratitude Containers — Please turn in your gratitude containers in the Gathering Area at the Women’s Ministry table where the advent tea sign-ups are located. This year our coins will be given to Lutheran Disaster Response to help those who have been affected by the many hurricanes and fires around the US in 2018. LDR is the organization that stays around after a disaster long after all of the others have moved on.
Hey Moms! Join our Mom’s Night Out group on Thursday, November 29 at 6:00 pm at Darla’s House. Bring an appetizer or something to share. Come for fellowship and fun! Please RSVP to Darla Goble at darla@OSLCstillwater.org
PEP Christmas Buffet Lunch — The PEP Christmas Buffet Lunch will be at the Lowell Inn on Tuesday, December 11 from 12-3 pm. Sign-up sheet is available on the PEP bulletin board (please note if you are looking for a ride or if you have dietary restrictions). The cost is $20.00 per person. Payment needs to be into the church office with check payable to OSLC by December 2.
The OSLC Book of the Month Club will meet on Monday, November 26th at 1:00 pm to discuss “Before We Were Yours” by Wingate.
Valley Outreach Food Shelf — Volunteers Needed. OSLC will be staffing the food shelf Nov. 19 and Nov. 21. Volunteers are needed for a 3 hour shift (9:30 am -12:30 pm) to assist clients with their food needs and stocking shelves. Please consider this opportunity to help. A sign-up sheet is on the Welcome Desk. The food shelf is located at 1911 Curve Crest Blvd. W. next to the Gazette.
Stephen Ministers Commissioning — Today is a joyous occasion here at Our Savior’s. At both services 15 lay people from our congregation are being commissioned into a special ministry of care and concern for others as Stephen Ministers. This rite of commissioning culminates a period of extensive training and preparation for caring ministry through the Stephen Series, a program for caring ministry developed and administered by Stephen Ministries St Louis. Our Stephen Ministers have studied and practiced skills in such areas as dealing with feelings, crisis intervention, asserting oneself with gentleness and firmness and numerous other topics to prepare them to help people who are experiencing problems in their lives. After the commissioning, these Stephen Ministers will be assigned to minister in our congregation and community, working with people who are experiencing such life crises as hospitalization, retirement, financial setback, the loss of a loved one, or any of a number of other difficulties people face in daily living. Please keep these people in your prayers as they carry the love of Christ to their care receivers. Please join the Health and Caring Ministry Team for cake in thanks to our new Stephen Ministers.
Thanksgiving Eve Worship & Pie Social! We will again hold our Thanksgiving Eve service on Wednesday, November 21, at 7:00 pm in the sanctuary followed by a pie social hosted by the PEP group. Please consider bringing one of your favorite pies to share.
Christmas Program Sign-up for “Story of a Baby” is happening now in the Gathering Area. Volunteers needed:
• Performing roles for 1st – 6th grade students
• Musical performance opportunities for 1st – 12th grade students
• Backstage crew & helper spots for 7th grade-adult volunteers.
Rehearsals will be December 1 and 15 and the performance will be December 16 at the 10:30 am service. See the sign-up sheet for additional details.
An Evening of Holiday Peace on December 2 at 6:30 pm with stories & music. Join us as we welcome guest harpist Tami Briggs as she shares powerful stories, Christmas readings and plays beautiful holiday music. Refreshments served at 6:00 pm before the program.